In Estonia, it is possible for participants to add a digital signature to their votes.
If you are the admin of a topic, here’s how you can set up the vote so that topic participants can vote using digital signatures:
- First, set up a vote by clicking on “Send to voting” in the Options menu of the relevant topic. (Right sidebar on desktop, or in the options menu tab on mobile).
- Choose either “Regular” or “Custom” vote, depending on your preference. Digital voting is available in both options.
- In the “Set up voting rights” section of the vote settings, move the e-ID slider from “OFF” to “ON”.
- Once all your settings are how you want them, click on “Start voting”.
- When eID voting is enabled, it is not possible to enable vote delegation.
- On public topics, it is possible for participants to vote using e-ID without logging in first, if the admin has enabled e-ID voting when setting up the vote.